What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Monday, June 16, 2008

Quote of the Day - 6/16/08

There we are eating dinner when Tate looks up and asks us, "Do you want to pray to my pasta?"

Now, you might expect that we'd be used to this line of questioning, Tate being Tate and all. But it still threw us for a loop. Cyndie and I looked at each other and in unison, answered "What?!?"

Tate just looked at us and matter-of-factly said "Pray to my pasta. That's what Paganism means. "

Fortunately, parts of my Cincinnati-area upbringing have rubbed off on Tate and he prefers his pasta with chili. So when we laughed at the idea of praying to pasta, Tate offered up his beans, complete with an example: "Oh, mighty beans, ye are powerful and beany!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS!!! Can't wait to see you guys!