What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Zero Hour! The Initiation

Remember Zero? The cute little ghost-dog from The Nightmare Before Christmas? Sure ya do!

Let's face it. Tim Burton has a way of ingraining his visions on us... permanently. When the OmaHecks hit Disneyland in 2009, our favorite ride was definitely The Haunted Mansion. And because we went in the fall, said mansion was decked out in all it's Nightmare Before Christmas glory. A huge hit!

Tate took an exceptional liking to "puppy Zero." One of his new "things" is to do is say to his brother: "And you're Zero..." then suggest an activity. Dane will make some reasonable attempt to pantomime the activity, sometimes with sound. (Yes, I know that's not pantomime, gimme a break, it's been a long day). Cyndie and I can't believe we haven't been writing them down. They are so weird and random and funny.

So I've decided to introduce a new feature here at the blog "Zero Hour!"

We'll post these as we hear them, or remember them, or maybe as we make them up ('cuz participating is fun too!)

... And you're Zero, panting to the rhythm "Funkytown"

... And you're Zero, dressing us a Guinea Pig as Elvis

1 comment:

Becca said...

So nice.

... And you're Zero, dancing the Cha-Cha to Michael Jackson's Thriller.

(Do NOT tell me it can't be done. It CAN.)