What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Crab Walk

Not sure how this will play out on the blog... but go with me for a while.

Today we had the JDRF Rufus Breakfast. It's a great fair with food, fun, and a fair that highlights some of the new technology and such that impact diabetics. It was cool.

The amazing motocross team from Type1Racing set up some games and activities for the kids.

At one point, the instructions were to "crab walk" between two points. You know, the crab walk... on your hands and feet, belly to the sky. I say to Tate, "You know the crab walk, right?"

He smiles at me, says, "Sure, Dad!" and takes off walking sideways with his hands above his shoulders doing a pincer pantomime. It was hilarious!

1 comment:

Melanie D. said...

Merry Christmas! Cyndie ... You promisrd to move back to Omaha, where are you? I miss you!