What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Skynard?

Dateline Murray UT - 11/15/08 - 7:12 am

Cyndie had the news on yesterday morning while Dane was eating breakfast. She went upstairs for a minute. When she came back in the kitchen, she noticed that Dane was really excited.

"Guess what, Mom? I just saw the new President: Rock Alabama! He was on TV!"



3 comments:

Andie said...

Hmmmm....I had a neighbor kid tell me that Obama is going to "make our school days longer and take away our weekends." Kids!

sorensen formula said...

The things your kids say are hysterical! Hey now that Obama is our president what does that make us? An "obamanation" :-D

Staying Young in Vegas said...

That is really funny. It was interesting to hear my kids comment on both candidates over the course of the past few months. I kept pretty neutral just to see what they would come up with!