What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Sunday, January 9, 2011

OmaHeck: Dane Can Say It!

Since I just posted a long list of Tate quotes, here are some Dane-isms from recent days.

When he wants to know about something, he goes in head first. He kind of immerses himself in the issue and becomes something of an expert. This excerpt came when D was highly focused on Tokyo's most famous monster, and at the same time asked Music Momma a classic rock question.

"Wow, you sure remember a lot of things for a person who doesn't remember very much about Godzilla movies."

---

Those of you who have spent time around Dane won't really believe this, but it is 100% authentic:

"Boy, I sure am getting tired from talking so much!"

---

Here's a combo from the boys together talking to their mom.

Tate: Did I spy on you as a spirit? Did I spy on you watching your favorite shows?
Dane: Yeah, me too! And we came down from Heaven when you didn't even suspect it!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, good. All good. We love these boys.

Unknown said...

Hey there! I came across your blog here, but don't see anyway to send you a message other than comment on a post! :-) Just saying hello from your long lost neighbors! Shanna Afana
snoell8@yahoo.com