What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Best Question Ever!

We got a new TV this year (not for Christmas, we waited for the real sales and still overspent). It's bigger than the old one (and has a much better picture! Hooray, we can watch Heroes and not have to guess what's going on in the dark scenes.

Anyway, the boys think they need to sit really close to the screen,

so we have been encouraging them to slide back so they can touch the couch with their hands...

This morning, they were watching and were way too close, so I reminded them that they should scoot back. Cyndie said, "Geez, get the freak away from the TV!!"

Tate and Dane jumped back, and, while frantically looking around the family room Tate asked, "Mom, what freak?" We all laughed when we realized he was trying to get the freak away from the TV, if only he could find the freak. Maybe we'll have to let him watch Napoleon Dynamite's dance moves.

5 comments:

gretchen said...

Too funny! :) Congrats on the new tv--I actually enjoy watching football now, thanks to HD! :)

OmaHeck said...

We haven't gone to HD signal yet... that will have to wait until we decide we can't live without it.

Kirk & April Douglas said...

LOL!! I have a bad habit of saying "freak" way more then I should. This should help me try to stop saying it all the time (one of my many New Years resolution). April

Rick & Diana said...

Okay you had to wait until you moved to get the t.v. huh? Just couldn't do it while you were living here so we ALL could enjoy it...nice.... Oh and now every time I hear the word freak I will think of Tate trying to get it away from the T.v. :)

Britt said...

Oh my...Niel and I can't stop laughing. That is hillarious!