What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Sunday, December 6, 2009

OmaHeck: More MLB

Snipers on the roof. They are gun-toting and pretty cool looking.

The flag brought out by a local Missouri National Guard Unit recently back from service in Afganistan (I think, can't remember that well nearly 6 months later).
This is the game-night flyover. There were 4 fighters the night of the HRD, but I didn't get them in the pic.
For the sensitive who may be reading, we'll just call these next 2 the Clydesdale pictures.
Big horses and the "big dog."
Cyndie can attest that I get way more excited than I should about "grass art." I think being the head groundskeeper at an MLB ballpark would be a highly rewarding job.
Coast Guard on duty. This gentleman was just behind our seats along the first base line about halfway to the right field wall (and second deck).
It may not show up on this blog (or your computer), but this shot showed just how green the grass looked on the big screen. Much more green than the actual field.
I haven't spent a lot of time in St Louis, but the city has a great skyline with the arch, the court house, the varied architechture, etc.










1 comment:

Britt said...

I'm so glad you've posted! I'm laughing about Dane's classified comment. So funny. Looks like a fun game! My brother is in the MTC and heading out to St. Louis in a couple weeks!