What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Sumo" cum laude/A girl and her dog

Dane was so excited this afternoon. He pulled out his brand new Christmas crayons, with their myriad colors and neatly manufactured tips, and started to draw a sumo wrestler. This was the end result. He just kept saying, "I am doing it! I am doing it without looking at anything!" He has this gift for art. Sumos are pretty important right now also. Dane got some Ben 10 Sumo Slammers for Christmas. I have to admit, they are pretty cool. It is a fun game to play. We have some shots of him with his hair in a topnot, wearing only his underwear (hiked up in the back, for sure, to look authentic). I have spared him the potential embarrassment (and potential liability) of posting them online, but rest assured the I have them available to use as leverage once he becomes a little more modest (or at least self aware).




A quick shot of the most beautiful member of our family... Cyndie is pretty cute, too :P
Sumner loves Cyndie and goes to her when the rest of us get too rowdy or make him uncomfortable. They are good pals.

1 comment:

Ryan Anderson said...

You guys, I love your blog! We are trying to be better about keeping up on ours. LOVE the sumo picture. The real photos will come in handy on prom night, eighth grade graduation, etc. Your dog is cute. But Cyndie is still cuter! :-) Oh, and I totally got the "Omaheck" thing right away, having lived with 3 roommates from Orem (or is it "Ar-im")in college! Very clever!