What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Capella

When I was in college at BYU, I was a fan of an a capella group Extempo. I had a tape they made "The Live Album" and we thought it was a hoot. I was thinking about them today when I was adding some music to my iPod. I took a shot at finding some songs online... I didn't have any luck downloading, but here's a video of one of their cooler songs, "Pray." It a southern spiritual/gospel homage to the Joseph Smith First Vision story.

1 comment:

Uncle Ryan said...

Love Extempo! I have both of their CDs (Channel 32 and The Live Album), as well as Mary's solo album, and I can lay claim to being in the audience at their final concert, held the night before the bass man moved to Switzerland (which kind of spelled the end of the group).