What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pillar Of Death!!!!

Those who have been to our home know about the support pillar at the bottom of the stairs in the living room. A structural imperfection, to our untrained eyes... it's nickname comes from the specter of severe bodily harm that will occur at some time during the time we live here.

The pillar's been a challenge in laying out the living room, in designing our space, and in keeping it intact. After a few mis-fires in addressing both cleanliness and structure, we came up with a strategy and a color. Dane was my super helper and we got phase 1 complete on New Year's Day.




No comments: