What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Same or Different?

Dane thought it was pretty cool to dress like Dad for Church today.


The best part of Church from 1-4 in the afternoon is watching the children who used to nap after the 11-2 Church. They fall asleep in Primary singing time. They don't want to, but they can't help it! Those chairs aren't really comfy, but they'll do in a pinch!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to let you know that Marc laughed pretty hard at the Valentine's the boys sent him...especially the one about being 'hairy!'

Now be honest...did you put Dane up to that one? It was great!

OmaHeck said...

Tate's valentines were 100% original and none was influenced by his parents. In fact, we asked him if he really wanted to send them and he decided it was a good idea.

Dane's came with some added parental support.

TR said...

I remember that first SUnday on the new schedule when practically the whole front row was asleep! haha