What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Opinions are like... well, everyone has one!

The other day Cyndie left me a voice mail at work, concerned over a scheduling conflict between the two elementary schools represented in our home. I can hear noise in the back ground reminding me that it is spring break and the boys are home. Cyndie tells me about the conflict and says she wants my opinion. Just then I hear the voice of a cartoon character respond with glee-and a bit of incredulity, "You want my opinion?!?!"

If I didn't live in the house, I'd have been curious at how Cyndie timed the question on a voice mail with something from Cartoon Network. But, since I do live in the house, I knew it was actually Dane. He of the cartoon voice.

Cyndie responded to Dane that she sure did want his opinion, but that right now she was leaving a message for Dad. I don't know what the rest of the message said, I was too busy laughing becasue I could hear Dane hopping away, chirping in his little animated voice, "Yipee, I have an opinion!"

We knew that, D-Max, but we are thrilled you've realized it.

No comments: