What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Monday, March 31, 2008

God's Killer Whales


In a lame attempt to get the boys to sit still during Family Home Evening tonight, I made the threat that the next person to get off the couch was going to really "get it" and then go straight to their room.

Cyndie in her wisdom and patience with the boys, made a game of the situation. She told us the floor was dangerous, that we needed to stay on the couch or we'd be at risk from Satan's Sharks.

Dane got a little scared. Tate looked at her and said, "Well, God's Killer Whales can come and eat Satan's Sharks!"

OK, you got us there, Tate. They stayed in their places on the couch anyway. Good work Cyndie, Sharks and Killer Whales.

1 comment:

Barbies Blog said...

I just love Dane and Tate, they are so funny! I really miss working with Tate. I am excited to see you have a blog!