What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Monday, March 31, 2008

Cyndie and the MoTabs


Among the many great blessings of being the Primary Chorister, Cyndie has become a folk hero of sorts. All the children notice when she is gone, and the skills she employs to keep 100 pairs of eyes on her (50 at a time) for 30 minutes have achieved Legendary Status.

As she left the church yesterday, little Elizabeth's parents related that earlier that morning, they were watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's rendition of Handel's Messiah. Elizabeth's dad pointed out conductor Mack Wilberg's prowess at leading such a large group. Elizabeth responded that "he's not as good as... as good as... hey, wasser name?" Sister Anderson, they asked. "Yeah," Elizabeth replied, "he's not as good as her!"

Cyndie was grateful for the complement.

3 comments:

TR said...

Ha ha. That's a good one. You're better than Mac!

Britt said...

How funny. Primary Chorister was my very first calling ever...so it brings back memories. I don't think any of my kids would have said that about me though. Cyndie is amazing!

Unknown said...

I love that! As I am a primary chorister myself, I was reminded of my own primary kids this week when I stayed home with Madeline...I missed THEM so much!!!