What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

The boys know that Easter is really about Christ's death and resurrection, and they tell us that even though they like the candy and eggs, they are pretty sure those are "extra parts" of Easter.

Cyndie had fun making eggs with them last week. We didn't hide the eggs, but the baskets were for Saturday while Sunday brought the lesson on why Jesus' sacrifice and triumph over death are so vitally important to all of us.


No comments: