What is an OmaHeck...

It is likely you have never heard of an OmaHeck. We kind of made it up. Here's a little history:

When I moved to Utah in 1990, I was introduced to a brand new phrase: "Oh my heck!" I guess it means "wow", "no way", or "that's surprising." It serves as a multi-purpose expression and possibly a swear :-0 (as in "Oh my heck, you are a jerk!)

When the family left Utah and settled in Omaha, NE (2004), we became "OmaHecks."

Saturday, March 22, 2008

I think, therefore iCar

Tate and I had a blast putting our third Pinewood Derby car together, It was a tossup between a SpongeBob SquarePants car and the iCar. In the end the iCar won out when we couldn't find the right SpongeBob parts to accessorize the car.

Special thanks to Drew and Kelli for letting us use the ShopSmith to make the required cuts, drill the new axels, and plan the widening project. (Glad the garage got cleaned out so we could get to the ShopSmith).

The iCar ran admirably and we were proud of our work. The whole family had fun and there were great treats! Depending on when next year's Derby gets scheduled, I may be making 2 cars (Dane will be in Cubs by January, and Tate won't graduate from Webelos until March). The CubMaster asked me how many I want to do so she knows when to schedule the race. I say let's go for 2!

Here are some shots of the car in all its glory:





Here's a great shot of Dave and Jackson's SpongeBob Car that inspired us. One theory of creativity states that if your source lives more than 4 hours away, it isn't really plagiarism to copy their stuff.



And finally, here is a shot that Tate took of himself on Derby day. The fact that T had the camera will also explain why there aren't any pictures posted from the actual race.

No comments: